- 300g starter, 350g flour, 240g water (77.23% hydrated)
- Lively starter, autolysed, Bertinet slap-and-fold – but very very over-worked as it took me ages to get the technique.
- Messed up the final fold. Poor seam. So-so crumb. Nice oven spring.
- 300g starter, 350g flour, 240g water (77.23% hydrated) – as before
- Followed a no-knead method
- Used a cloche
- Approx 20-folds. Nice oven spring.
- Undercooked. 30 mins in cloche, 25 mins uncovered.
- Crumb slightly more open
Trying to increase hydration, allow the starter to develop the gluten slowly but inhibit the yeast by refrigeration. Then Bertinet slap-and fold to develop the gluten further, and incorporate more air. Then warm second ferment, followed by bake in cloche to encourage oven spring.
- 200g starter, 330g flour, 250g water (80.46% hydrated)
- Autolyse for 30 mins
- Add the starter, mix with spoon then add salt
- Refrigerate for 20 hours
To be continued. Thanks to Mat, Keely and Mel for advice so far. This is where I’m heading.